It's yummy provided you like chicken, spinach and ricotta cheese .. we used smaller chick breasts but it was fun trying to squish the filling in!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
–1 teaspoon olive oil
–1¬½ cups fresh baby spinach
–¼ cup ricotta cheese
–2 x ½lb chicken breasts
–⅛ cup white cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius or Gas Mark 6).
2. In a sauté pan over medium heat, add the oil and cook the spinach in it for 3 to 5 minutes, until it is slightly wilted.
3. Stir in the ricotta and cook for a further 30 to 60 seconds. Allow to cool.
4. Cut slits into the chicken breasts, about 1 centimetre (0.39 inches) apart and 75% of the way through the chicken. You don’t have to be too stressed about the depth of the cuts, so long as you don’t cut all the way through it!
5. Stuff all of the spinach and ricotta mixture into the cuts.
6. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle the white cheddar cheese generously on top. Generously sprinkle the paprika, adding colour and flavour.
7. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the juices are clear.